The single most effective way to protect your investment and prolong the life of your asphalt
Hot Crack Seal is a long-term, cost effective way to maintain the life of your pavement. It can be used on highways, city streets, parking lots, airports and residential driveways. It seals the cracks from water intrusion and other damaging factors. Material is applied hot to create a bond with the existing pavement as a defense against pavement deterioration.
BENEFITS OF HOT CRACK SEAL
- The most important cost effective process to maintain your existing pavement
- Prevents sand, stones and dirt from entering into open cracks causing compressive stresses
- Prevents water from entering and weakening the sub base and asphalt
- Prevents or delays pothole formation
- Reduces the damage from freeze-thaw cycle
- Life span of 6 to 18 months
- Cold Sealants are in liquid form and harden as they cure
Applied by hand
- Life span of 3 to 5 years
Melted rubber that stays pliable
- Applied by machine
- HOT POUR CRACK SEALER – cools to a pliable, rubber like consistency allowing it to expand and contract with the crack.
- COLD POUR CRACK SEALER – can be a water or asphalt based product that is applied to cracks in liquid form and then dries to a solid. Cold pour crack fillers may not perform as well as hot pour crack fillers due to their lack of flexibility when dried.