Homeowners who want a new driveway have options like chip seal or asphalt paving, and it can be hard to know which driveway paving type is best. A reputable residential paving company can help them decide.
In Reedley CA, Tri County Asphalt is the trusted driveway paving company, and we offer the most options for residential property owners who need a new driveway or a revamp of their existing driveway.
Driveway Paving: Asphalt vs Chip Seal
- What do these options consist of?
- Chip sealing refers to a process of paving that involves laying down a thin layer of asphalt and then layers of large aggregates like crushed stone that are compacted.
- Asphalt, also known as blacktop, is a dark black petroleum based substance that’s liquid while hot and flexible when cured. It’s mixed with aggregates for stability.
Benefits of Driveway Chip Sealing
- Cost Effective – Chip sealing is cheaper than asphalt paving.
- Design Versatility – Paving contractors can use different colors and types of stone on top of the driveway, allowing for different colors and looks.
- Cooler – Since it’s not dark black in color, a chip seal driveway doesn’t absorb sunlight and get hot.
Benefits of Asphalt Driveways
- Durable – A well-constructed asphalt driveway can last up to 20 years or longer with proper pavement maintenance.
- Attractive – As asphalt matches the street, it adds a classy element to your residential property.
- High ROI – Your return on investment for asphalt is high, as it not only lasts a long time but adds to your residential property values.
Trust Tri County Asphalt for your driveway paving needs in Reedley CA.
Whether chip sealing or asphalt paving is the best for your residential property, you can trust that the most reputable and experienced paving company in Reedley California, Tri County Asphalt, has your back. We’ll come right out to inspect your driveway and consult about your needs.
Ready to upgrade your driveway with chip sealing or asphalt? Contact us today!